" The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." (Albert Einstein)
Einstein knew a thing or two about creating and the importance of knowing yourself as a creator. In fact, he never did think of himself as a genius, but rather as a curious kid trying to understand the world around him, in the simplest possible way.Creatives work best when we understand who we are as artists and how we would like to use our skill. Find out more about yourself or venture into creating the creative you by trying out this short write:
1. By the way there is no right or wrong way to do this. Whatever way you do it, is the right way for you.
2. Set your timer for 15 minutes.
3. Finish each sentence below in roughly 5 minutes. No cheating. The idea is to write fast. Don't give your internal editor a chance to interfere. You do not have to share any of this if you don't want.
Creativity is........I express my creativity best by...The qualities I most admire in myself as a creative are.....
4. When you're done sit back and think about what you have written. Are there any surprises or 'aha' moments? Spend another 5 minutes commenting on the writes and what you may have discovered about yourself.
5. Post some thoughts (entirely optional) on the comments board so everyone can share their experiences. Or just tell us what you think about creativity and talent. I find sharing enhances my experience, but it's up to you.